Our trans Atlantic support for spin outs encompasses license negotiation,
IP filing advice, strategy development, business plan creation, financial structuring and sourcing, plus business development
and customer engagement.
We can assist by steering through the maze of often conflicting advice from, among
others, lawyers, accountants, patent attorneys and technology transfer offices.
Support to a spin out from the University
of California, Santa Barbara, commercialising Nobel Prize winning technology in the life science sector. Engagement included:
- Business plan creation
- Renegotiation of global master license with the University of California
- Steering company through three angel rounds and two venture capital
rounds, raising a total of $8 million
- Parent company
relocation from US to UK with attendant tax issues
- Negotiation of customer licenses with global diagnostic and life science companies
Support to a spin out from a major NHS Trust/University Hospital commercialising a
market disruptive web based diagnostics platform for use within the NHS, direct to the public and internationally.
- Creation of detailed business plan
of Assignment Agreement of Intellectual Property
- Secured >£200k
of grant assistance
- Closed first angel round >£300k
Market entry strategy for US consumer healthcare portal establishing
entry strategy for US interactive architect establishing German operations